Instagram is a powerful social media platform with over 1.4 Billion active monthly users. It has surpassed other social networks in popularity, such as Pinterest. If you’d already know, there are plenty of opportunities to make money on Instagram.
As an affiliate marketer, you can leverage by creating niche-specific Instagram campaigns targeting your audience’s interests. Here are some best niches on Instagram to do Affiliate Marketing.
Travel & Tourism Niche
For an industry that has been around since the beginning of time, it’s surprising how many new niches are emerging in travel and tourism. From unconventional vacations to travel-based fitness programs, the industry has evolved over the years.
This has led to the introduction of niche-specific travel blogs and Instagram reel accounts which you can tap into as an affiliate marketer. This way, you can create a campaign that promotes travel-related products to your audience.
The best products that I have personally seen promoting are:
- Hygiene products while traveling
- Travel accessories
- Tour companies programs
How to promote these products on Instagram:-
- Create dedicated Instagram reels.
- Use famous, popular music.
- Due to rising Tiktok competition, there is high organic reach in the Reels space.
- Make sure you ask them to click the link in your bio
- Then either you can add your affiliate offers on your link in bio URL page or a dedicated blog post you have made.
If you want to find travel-related affiliate programs & unlock niche insights such as keywords to target, promotion strategies, and much more, do check out Affiliate Corner.
Fashion & Beauty Niche
Another lucrative niche on Instagram is fashion and beauty. It’s a popular subject that attracts millions of people around the world.
By creating niche-specific visuals and reels, you can become part of this huge online community by promoting various products, from clothing and accessories to make-up and beauty products.
Some of the types of products that you can promote in this niche are:-
- Winter or Summer clothes and accessories (depending upon the season)
- Bags and footwear
- Cosmetics, Skin care products
- Makeup and beauty products
- Hair care products such as Shampoos and conditioners
Things to consider & how to promote these products on Instagram:
- Make sure your target audience is millennials. Because this audience is most inclined toward this niche.
- Go live once a week or twice to keep your audience highly engaged.
- Create product-specific reels once or twice a week to promote your offer.
- Make sure you have your affiliate offer on your Instagram bio page.
There are a lot of amazing affiliate programs in the skincare and beauty niche. If you want to seamless, find these affiliate programs & also get a ton of other insights, get a pro membership for Affiliate Corner today.
Search & Filter Thousands of Affiliate Programs & Unlock Niche Insights
- Download Low competition keywords to target
- 15+ promotion strategies for every niche
- Audience & commission insights for every niche
- 20+ data points to filter affiliate programs
- Ever-growing database & lifetime updates
Food & Dining Niche
A popular niche that is also a great option for affiliate marketing is food and dining. This industry is massive, so you’ll find plenty of niche-specific blogs & Instagram influencers related to this topic.
You can create a campaign that promotes food-related products like:
- Ingredients & Kitchen Tools
- Dining-related products, such as restaurants, travel guides, and even food-related books
For example, you can create a campaign promoting cooking pizza ingredients. You can promote products like pizza cutters, pizza stones, and pizza stones. You can also promote pizza-themed gifts, like t-shirts, mugs, and other gifts. When promoting products, ensure they’re relevant to your niche and your Instagram account. This will help to increase your conversions and sales.
Relevancy matters a lot in Affiliate Marketing.
Promoting affiliate offers that your audience is not interested in would cause more harm than you think.
You could lose your reputation and followers. So it is very important to know what your audience wants. Maybe you can poll about it on your Instagram story and get to know about it before making any decision.
This way, it can help you in audience research and target offers specifically tailored to your audience.
Consumer Goods and Services Niche
Another outlet for affiliate marketing on Instagram is promoting products related to consumer goods and services. You can promote products related to different industries, such as healthcare and technology.
For health-related Instagram accounts, you can promote products related to vitamins and supplements.
If you are into the diet niche, you can promote meal plans.
If you have an Instagram account dedicated to fitness, you can promote gym and other fitness-related equipment.
These are some of the best niches in which you can do affiliate marketing. But as you know, these are highly competitive.
Simply because it has high demand and many influencers trying to capture all that attention.
Here are some other niches on Instagram that you can go after:
- Digital Nomadism
- Books (Go with specific categories: Eg: Historical Books)
- Go on Amazon & just type “Books”
- You will get a list of all the book niches on the left-hand side
- Do-it-yourself (DIY)
- Home Improvement
- Video Editing
Things to Consider When Choosing an Instagram niche
Your target audience is one of the most important things to remember while picking a niche. You need to choose a niche that will appeal to your target audience.
While the niche you choose should be something that resonates with your target customers, it shouldn’t be too narrow or not unprofitable
You must find a sweet spot between appeal and profitability to find the right niche. It’s also important to keep in mind that niches change over time. What was popular five years ago may not be as popular today, and vice versa.
This is why it’s important to look at the numbers behind the niche and not just what you think you see.
Here are some ways to see if it’s a profitable niche or getting any commercial interest:
- Go to Google & search for your term. Install keywords everywhere.
- If you see a good CPC on those search terms, brands are actively pouring money into that niche for search ads.
- Look on Amazon, and type any keyword related to the niche. If you get some product recommendations or a list, it means there are already businesses established in this niche.
- Another way to find out is to check affiliate programs in the niche. If there are, then obviously, it has a commercial value.
If you want to check out some of the best affiliate programs, I would highly recommend checking out Affiliate Corner.
Affiliate ProgramsEasily browse from an ever-growing database of the best affiliate programs with 20+ filters
Unlock SEO insightsWith ready-to-download keywords to target for SEO, your research time is cut to half
Promotion StrategiesEver wondered how to promote affiliate offers? Affiliate corner provides 15+ strategies for every niche
How to Build an Audience for Affiliate Marketing on Instagram
If you have chosen the right niche, you already have a head start towards building a strong following. All you have to do is engage with your audience by posting content they’ll enjoy.
Engagement is key when it comes to building a strong following.
People don’t want to follow boring accounts. They want to follow people who are interesting and engaging.
To engage with your audience, you can:
Post regularly: People want to follow people who post regularly. They’ll probably unfollow you if they come to your page and see that you haven’t posted in months. So, make sure to post regularly. Maybe stick with a weekly schedule, live QA sessions, etc.
Post relevant content: This is critical to building a large following. People want to follow people who have things to say. You can also post clickbait-type content, but you’ll reach a smaller audience.
Post stunning photos: No one wants to follow a boring person who posts boring photos. Post stunning photos to engage your audience and bring them to your page.
Post Instagram Reels: Currently getting some insane organic reach. You can use some popular music and create reels.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money from home, but only if you choose the right niche. Before picking niches, you need to understand the basics behind the process and how it works. Once you do so, you can apply these tips to find the perfect niche for affiliate marketing on Instagram. With the right niche, you can start building a strong following and making money from home.
Find 2000+ affiliate programs across 20+ data points & unlock data-driven insights into many niches. Saves you 100s of hours & $1000s in research.